The best pipetting precision and accuracy
Simple and intuitive control with Apple iPad
EZ-Load disposable tips require no pressure
Economical and easy to install pipettor heads
The Personal Pipettor (PP) is a popular series of affordable liquid handling systems with the versatility and reliability required for today’s demanding laboratory environment. The PP series offers the majority of automated features that many laboratories need at a reasonable price, making it possible for each technician to truly have their own “personal” pipettor. This is the ORIGINAL "Personal Pipettor", introduced by Apricot Designs in the 1990's as the groundbreaking approach to high-performance, lower-priced automated pipetting.
The PP-M series uses Apricot Designs’ unique head design which employs high-precision manufacturing to produce reasonably-priced heads that are independent of the pipetting mechanism. The PP-M electronically clamps the pipetting heads in a manner of seconds, allowing simple and easy set-up for the task at hand. It will automatically index the pipetting head via software programming if necessary for accessing 384-well plates with a 96-channel version or 1536-well plates with a 384-channel version. It also will automatically index for performing serial dilutions by column or row.
Personal Pipettor Series Brochure
Features and Benefits
- Flexible design for liquid transfers and pipetting operations for 96 and 384-well microplates and can also be used for serial dilutions by row or column.
- Uses the unique easy-change head system from Apricot Designs, allowing the user to build a diverse head library with a reasonable investment. The heads are interchangeable with other Apricot pipettors.
- Uses the unique EZ-Load disposable tips for the simplest no-tool, no-pressure loading of tips.
- 5-position deck with wash station allows walkaway reformatting of 4x96 to 1x384 or 1x384 to 4x96.
- Small footprint conserves bench space and fits easily into suitably-sized hoods.
Please visit the INTERACTIVE PIPETTOR SELECTION GUIDE if you need help selecting the PP model that is best for you, or view the PDF selection guide:
Personal Pipettor Selection Guide
- PP-96L-M model: Low-volume version with 96 125 ul pipetting channels for optimal pipetting as low as 0.5 ul.
- PP-96H-M model: High-volume version with 96 550 ul pipetting channels for up to 550 ul pipetting.
- PP-96H-H model: High-volume version with 96 550 ul pipetting channels with extended height for vacuum manifold or other tall accessories.
- PP-384-M model: Low-volume version with 384 125 ul pipetting channels for optimal pipetting as low as 0.5 ul.
- Fixed tip heads with 8, 12, 16 and 96 channels.
- Disposable tip heads with 8, 12, 16 or 96 channels.
- Tip washing system with recirculating pump.
- Plate replication
- Plate reformatting
- Reagent addition
- Compound addition
- Serial dilution (by column)
Head & Disposable Tip Selection Guide
Pipettor heads are available for disposable tips from Apricot Designs as well as fixed tip heads with stainless steel needles. The Head and Disposable Tip Selection Guide will help you to select the head(s) you need for your pipeting requirements. Custom heads for unique or new applications are also available. Please CONTACT US if you are interested.
Disposable pipette tips from Apricot Designs are shown here: DISPOSABLE PIPETTE TIPS
- Dispensing Precision <3% CV at 1 ul (96-L/384 version) <3% CV at 5 ul (96-H version)
- Dispensing Accuracy +/- 2% at 1 ul (96-L/384 version) +/- 2% at 10 ul (96H version)
- Resolution 0.1 ul (96-L/384 version) 1 ul (96-H version)
- Pipette Volume 0.5 - 125 ul (96-L/384 version) 1-550 ul (96-H version)
- Dimensions (-M versions) 28"W x 19"D x 23.5"H 711W x 483D x 597H mm
(-H version) 28"W x 19"D x 26"H 711W x 483D x 660H mm
(all models) Operating Width for stage 39.5" 1003 mm
- Weight Approx. 98 lbs (45 kg)
- Power 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 HZ
- Operating Temperature 50 - 100 ºF
- Warranty 12-month extensive manufacturer warranty. Extended 12-month warranty and Annual Service plan are also
available. Contact factory or authorized dealers for detail.